BCIMO is delighted to announce that 1200m2 of rail engineering capacity has become available in its Engineering Hall at the Very Light Rail National Innovation Centre (VLRNIC) in Dudley in the West Midlands.
New or existing customers are encouraged to take quick advantage of the unexpected capacity at the UK’s newest state-of-the-art R&D centre, which will be available from mid-February 2024.
A core component of the Rail Development & Test Site, the triple-height Engineering Hall accommodates OEM, Operator, Supply Chain and Contractor requirements for a diversity of overhaul, maintenance, and development work. It serves heavy and light rail fleets alike and offers a perfect solution for project overflow / infill capacity.
Key features of the Engineering Hall include:
- 1200m2 footprint (60m x 20m)
- 60m through track
- 48m maintenance track & pit
- 100m2 of divisible floorspace for workshop areas
- 32m2 of portacabin-based office space, accommodating up to 6 workstations
- 3 x roller shutter doors (each measuring 7.55m x 4.96m)
- 10 tonne double girder overhead crane
- Compressed air supply
- Single & 3-phase electricity supplies
- High speed Wi-Fi
- Easy delivery access by road
The Rail Development and Test Site also offers an extensive range of additional facilities to support the development and testing of future rail technologies including:
- Two Split-Level Platforms
- 45m Siding
- Car 10 Mule Vehicle
- World first Rapid Charger for battery-powered rail vehicles
- Prototype street-based Mobility Hub
- 15m radius Rail Test Loop
- CRAB 1500E electric Shunter
- 4 x synchronised Windhoff Lifting Jacks
- 4-seater battery electric motorised Alumicart and Trailer
Supported by complementary facilities including Meeting & Event Spaces, Engineering Laboratories & Equipment and Serviced Offices & Meeting Rooms, the VLRNIC provides an extensive rail engineering client facility and is very much open for business.
BCIMO will be delighted to discuss your requirements in more detail. Please contact Martin Little, Strategic Partnerships Manager or alternatively Contact Us and a member of the team will be in touch shortly.
To find out more check out the BCIMO website.
The Black Country Innovative Manufacturing Organisation (BCIMO) is a not-for-profit Research and Technology Organisation (RTO) and operator of the Very Light Rail National Innovation Centre (VLRNIC), a unique, world-class centre for rail innovation based in Dudley in the West Midlands.