Road Freight Alternatives
Design or produce systems or sub-systems enabling alternatives to traditional road freight, including using existing infrastructure, facilitating multi-modal freight transportation and exploring shared transport solutions.
EVENT date / time
22nd August 2023 14:00 – 17:00
This workshop has been developed to support SMEs who:
- Are active in innovation and new product / process development.
- Are considering making an application to join the Clean Futures Accelerator programme.
- Wish to gain a better understanding of the Road Freight Alternatives challenge topic and applications.
- Wish to use BCIMO’s Rail Development and Test Site for the testing and demonstration phase of their project.
The workshop will be facilitated by the Clean Futures Accelerator team from BCIMO.
An industry guest speaker will present on the supply chain challenges and opportunities associated with the Road Freight Alternatives challenge topic.
By the end of the workshop SMEs will have a comprehensive understanding of:
- The Road Freight Alternatives challenge topic and applications.
- The type of solutions that the market is looking for.
- The testing & demonstration facilities offered by BCIMO.
- How to complete the testing & demonstration section within the application form.
Phil Read – Managing Director, Varamis Rail
The workshop has a 3-hour duration. Full agenda coming soon.
how to register
Please register to attend this workshop on our Contact Us page, making sure to specify the challenge topic you are registering for in the enquiry section.
The Black Country Innovative Manufacturing Organisation (BCIMO) is a not-for-profit Research and Technology Organisation (RTO) and operator of the Very Light Rail National Innovation Centre (VLRNIC), a unique, world-class centre for rail innovation based in Dudley in the West Midlands.